System requirements (version 1.6.1)
- Any Macintosh computer with Intel processor or Macintosh computer with PowerPC G3, G4 or G5 processor
- Minimum 256 MB of RAM
- Minimum 25 MB free space on hard disk (for both application and contextual menu plug-in)
- Mac OS X 10.4.4 or later for Macintosh computers with Intel processor
- Mac OS X 10.4 or later for Macintosh computers with PowerPC processor
Click the download link to the right if the download has not started already.
Wait until the download is complete. Depending of your system and browser settings, the downloaded image file will be opened and mounted automatically. If this does not happen, locate in Finder the Springy_1.6.1.dmg image file you downloaded and double-click it to open and mount the image.
After the image is mounted, you will see that Springy virtual disk contains three icons:
This is an icon for Springy application. Drag this icon to your Applications folder (or wherever you would like to keep it) to install. This copies the application from the virtual disk image onto your hard disk so the application is there for you to use whenever you like. If you have any running copies of Springy application, be sure to quit them before starting installation.
SpringyCM (applicable only in Mac OS X 10.5.x Leopard and earlier)
This is an icon for SpringyCM contextual menu plug-in. Drag this icon to Contextual Menu Items icon on the virtual image to install the plug-in.
Contextual Menu Items (applicable only in Mac OS X 10.5.x Leopard and earlier)
This is an icon to which you need to drag SpringyCM icon to install the plug in. When the installation starts, follow instructions on the screen. During installation, you will be able to choose whether the plug-in will be installed for all users, or for current user only. Installing for all users requires you to provide administrative username and password.
1. Remove application
Locate Springy application on your hard disk, and delete it. Remove it permanently by deleting it from your Trash.
2. Remove application supporting files
Delete the following items used by Springy:
- file ~/Library/Preferences/com.milke.Springy.plist (note: the file is used by SpringyCM Finder contextual menu plug-in too, so if you want to continue on using SpringyCM, don’t delete the file)
3. Remove Finder contextual menu plug-in
Locate SpringyCM plug-in file in folder /Library/Contextual Menu Items if installed for all users or in ~/Library/Contextual Menu Items if installed for particular user only. Delete the file. Remove it permanently by deleting it from your Trash, but in order to do so, you need to logout and login again.
4. Remove plug-in supporting files
Delete the following items used by SpringyCM:
- file ~/Library/Preferences/com.milke.Springy.plist (note: the file is used by Springy application too, so if you want to continue on using Springy, don’t delete the file)